Flemish Giants are quite friendly and often called gentle giants of the bunny world. Their big size make them perfect for playing and cuddling sessions. No questioning why are you looking for Flemish Giant rabbits for sale.
Before you buy, make sure you do your research and go to a good Flemish Giant breeder, but you may also consider searching for rabbit rescues in your area before buying it from a breeder.
However, if you have decided to buy a Flemish Giant bunny from an official breeder then check the list of US Flemish Giant breeders bellow.
Flemish Giant Rabbits for Sale – Rabbit Breeders in US
We encourage you to get your rabbit from a reputable rabbitry and reputable breeder. This way you will have a better idea of the temperament and any health problems that may arise.
In the lists below you will surely find Flemish Giant for sale near you, just scroll down thru the lists to find your state:
- Flemish Giant bunnies for sale list – Official American Rabbit Breeders Association.
- Flemish Giant Breeders Listing – National Federation of Flemish Giant Rabbit Breeders.
- Flemish Giants rabbits for sale near you – Flemish Giant rabbits for sale, breeders for each individual US State.
You might be able to find Flemish Giant rabbits for sale in your local pet store, but try to avoid buying Flemish Giant from there. You may be tempted by the availability and the price, but you do not have any background information.
Flemish Giant Rabbit Price
If you want to keep the bunny as a pet, Flemish Giant can sell from anywhere between $30 to $80.
If you are planning to breed it or show it, a show-quality Flemish Giant can sell from anywhere between $100 to $400, depending on the pedigree and quality.
Ask yourself what you want it for. If you want it for a pet, you don’t need to pay show-quality prices.
Anyway, you’ll want to make sure you get a well-raised rabbit to avoid ending up with one that’s potentially aggressive.
Things to Ask Before you Find Flemish Giant For Sale
Many people simply think that rabbits are just pet shop animals, much like a hamster or a gold fish. That is not true.
Try to avoid buying Flemish Giant from a pet store. You may be tempted by the availability and the price, but you do not have any background information for the bunny. They are often bred solely for monetary gain.
As an advice, before buying a gentle giant from a breeder, ask to look at the pedigrees of the mother and father before you purchase the bunny.
Look at their bloodline and see how closely related they were before buying. Breeding a father to daughter or a mother to a son is safe line breeding, some rabbit breeders are saying. However, keep away from breeding siblings or even half siblings as the possibility of genetic problems is greatly improved with this close of DNA.
Ask about the temperament of the mother and the father, look at their attention to hygiene, healthcare, well-being, and good nutrition.
9 Things to Consider Before You Find Flemish Giant Rabbit For Sale
- They need large cage. Most pet stores do not sell that large cages. You can take a look at the best rabbit cages we recommend.
- Consider your living situation. Do you have enough space for them to burn some energy? If you live in an apartment, then maybe this breed is not the right for you. Otherwise they will start having behavioral issues.
- Do you have children living with you? This giant rabbit is not the size of a Netherland Dwarf for example. This is one of the largest known breeds of rabbits in the world, they weigh between 12-14 pounds on average.
- Do you have other pets that can’t get along with the Flemish Giant?
- Are there veterinarians near you?
- Do you have extra time in your day to take care for your new pet? The Flemish rabbit needs time and attentions on a daily bases.
- Take into consideration who you are buying a rabbit from.
- The Flemish Giant can live 8 to 13 years. Some live longer, some live shorter, so they are very long time commitment.
- They are social animals. In the wild they live in herds. Consider getting two.